Monday 20 May 2013

Proxy Aloo Parata - healthier alternative

Its been a while since I had used potatoes in my food. I use it as a occasional treat. I cooked chickpea and had boiled few potatoes along with it.

Ingredients for stuffing: 

  • Boiled potatoes -2 peeled,cooled and mashed

  • Salt-as needed

  • Chili powder- a tbsp

  • Asafoetida- a pinch

  • Cumin seed powder/seeds-1 tsp

  • Coriander leaves- finely chopped-3 tbsp

  • Amchur powder - a tsp(for sourness)

  • Mountain bread (the 70KCal flat bread you get in Coles/Woolworths)


Method:

  • Mix them all together and this is the stuffing for aloo parata

  • Tear the bread into two, add 2 Tbsp of stuffing in between and microwave for 30 sec.


 
image

2 comments:

  1. That looks good. I have to try these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. I am sure you would love it :)

    ReplyDelete