Thursday 24 January 2013

Buckwheat Crepe - South Indian style

Being brought up with Indian food, it is hard to not to add spices even in basic salads. I was craving for Dosas, which is a lentil-rice crepe, a usual South Indian breakfast across many homes. I have cut down rice completely, so it was hard to make one without it until I laid my eyes on organic buckwheat flour. My life hasn't been the same since :) If not smoothie for brekky, it is definitely a crepe. I usually make Spinach crepe. Time for change. I tried to do something more close to home.

Ingredients

  • Buckwheat flour-1/2 cup

  • Chickpea flour-1/2 cup

  • Spinach, coriander, curry leaves, chives-2 handfuls finely chopped

  • Dietary fibre powder-1 tbsp

  • Green chilli-1, ginger-a small piece, garlic-1 pod, curry leaves-5, grated coconut- 1 tbsp, fennel seeds -1 tsp -blend them together to a fine paste

  • Red onion-1/2 finely chopped

  • Water-(you need enough water for runny consistency)

  • Salt-to taste

  • Oil-a tsp for crepe



image



Method

  • Mix them all together except oil and make crepe on a hot pan. I topped with chilli and lentil powder [ask for chutney powder in Indian shops ]



image


Serves: 2 people

No comments:

Post a Comment